Scholarships in Social Service
Award: $8,000, Deadline: February 15
Applicant must be Jewish who was born/raised in the Chicago Metropolitan area or who has one year of employment in the Chicago area prior to entering school. Undergraduate applicants must be entering their junior or senior year; graduate applicants must be entering an accredited, professional graduate school as a full-time student. Applicant must plan to remain in Chicago after completing school and have the intention to be in a career in the helping professions. Personal interview required.
- Cook, Du Page, Kane, Lake, Lake, Mchenry, Will
- Doctoral-level Study, Other Postgraduate-level Study, College Junior, College Senior, Master's-level Study
- Education, Social Service, Healthcare, Technical/sciences, Rabbinate, Law (ll.b., J.d.), Jewish Communal Service, Medicine (m.d.), Performing/fine Arts
Award: $5,000, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a graduate of Bay City Central High School who will pursue education in a medical or social service field. Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
Award: $3,000, Deadline: May 1
Applicant must be a graduating senior from a Garland County high school who will major in social services or a related field.
Award: $3,000, Deadline: March 30
Applicant must be a graduating senior from a Wells County, IN high school who will pursue post-secondary education in the field of food preparation, medicine, recreational therapy or social services.
- High School Senior, College Freshman
- Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Dietetics/human Nutritional Services, Pre-medicine, Food Preparation, Social Service, Medicine (m.d.), Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapy Assistant, Medical-related Field, Recreational Therapy, Culinary Arts, Public Administration