Scholarships in Film/video Studies
Award: -, Deadline: January 15
Applicant must be an entering freshman student who plans to pursue an undergraduate major in Arabic; art history and archaeology; Chinese; classics/ancient studies; comparative arts; comparative literature; dance; drama; English; film and media studies; French; German; modern Hebrew; history; interdisciplinary project in the humanities; literature and history; Italian; Japanese; Jewish, Islamic, and Near Eastern studies; music; philosophy; religious studies; Russian studies; or Spanish.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- College Freshman
- Russian And East European Studies, Classics And Classical Languages And Literatures, Philosophy, Spanish Language And Literature, History, Classical And Ancient Near Eastern Languages And Literatures, Other, Japanese Language And Literature, Art History, Hebrew Language And Literature, Film/video Studies, Dance, Archaeology, Drama/theater Literature, History And Criticism, Humanities, Music, Jewish/judaic Studies, Arabic Language And Literature, French Language And Literature, Religion/religious Studies, Islamic Studies, Italian Language And Literature, Comparative Literature, Chinese Language And Literature, German Language And Literature, English
Award: $4,000, Deadline: December 15
Applicant must be an undergraduate or graudate student who is sponsored by an active member of the University Film & Video Association or staff at a UFVA member institution. Applicant must submit a one-page project description, one-page resume, statement by sponsoring UFVA member, and budget. Production applicants must submit a 30 minute narrative, 60 minute documentary, and an experimental/animation/multimedia treatment or script, and/or storyboard (not to exceed 8.5 X 11 inches). Research applicants must submit a description of methodology and a statement indicating the relationship of proposed study to previous research in the field.
Award: $750, Deadline: March 17
Applicant must be an outstanding student entering the Faculty of Fine Arts for the B.F.A. program in film and video production or the B.A. in film or video studies.
Award: -, Deadline: June 1
Applicants must be full-time students at an accredited U.S. college, university, film school or art school. Films must be made as a part of a school curriculum in the categories of alternative, animation, documentary or narrative. Selection is based on originality, entertainment, production quality and resourcefulness. A film under 40 minutes is required.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: May 16
Applicant must be a university or college student pursuing a degree in film or film production. A film submission, nomination by a school or department official, and letter of support are required.
- Argentina, Australia, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Guyana, Haiti, Hungary, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Republic Of Korea, Romania, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
- College Junior, College Freshman, College Senior, College Sophomore
- Film-video Making/cinematography And Production, Film Arts/cinematography, Film/video And Photographic Arts, Other, Film/video Studies
Award: $1,000, Deadline: March 31
Applicant must be a graduating senior or current college student pursuing a degree in an arts program in the United States. Business plan between 500-1000 words required.
- United States
- High School Senior, College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Senior, College Junior
- Art Administration, Architecture, Film/video Studies, Visual And Performing Arts, Graphic Design, Cartooning, Interior Design, Music, Sculpture, Fashion Design, Creative Writing, Painting, Visual Arts, Visual And Performing Arts, Other, Design And Applied Arts, Other