Scholarships in Building Construction
Award: $500, Deadline: April 13
Applicant must be a Laytonville High School senior who plans to attend a vocational school, community college, or four-year college/university. Selection based upon financial need; their qualities of diligence, perseverance, and selflessness; and desire to pursue studies in music, art, architecture, building construction and/or design.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a resident or graduate of Bay or Arenac County, MI who will attend a post-secondary institution full-time with a declared major in trades or construction with an emphasis on safety. Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA required.
Award: $500, Deadline: April 1
Applicant must be a graduating senior from Maryland who will pursue post-secondary education in architecture, engineering or a construction-related study.
- College Freshman, High School Senior
- Engineering/industrial Management, Building Trade, Engineering Science, Building Construction, Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Construction And Building Finishers And Managers, Other, Engineering, Other, Construction Trades, Other, Construction Science, Engineering-related Tech./technician, General, Construction Management, Architectural Studies, Engineering, Construction Management Technology, Engineering-related Technol./technicians, Other, Building/construction Management, Architectural Design
Award: $2,000, Deadline: March 31
Applicant must be a Cheif Sealth High School senior who plans to study a business-related field. Preference is for the business field to be or include real estate, mortgage, or building/construction trades. Selection based upon merit and financial need, along with a combination of factors such as community service, leadership, and unusual circumstances.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: April 1
Applicant must be a high school senior residing in Kent County, MI, who is pursuing an undergraduate degree in a construction-related field of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or trade school in Michigan. Financial need is required.
- College Senior, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Freshman
- Construction Science, Construction/business, Construction/building Tech./technician, Construction Trades, Other, Construction/building Inspector, Construction Management, Construction Management Technology, Engineering, Construction, Construction And Building Finishers And Managers, Other, Building Construction, Construction Equipment Operator
Award: $300, Deadline: March 31
Applicant must be an undergraduate architecture, design, building, or construction student at one of the following schools: Arapahoe Community College, Boise State University, Cal Poly - Pomona, Eastern Michigan University, Eastern University, Highline Community College, Lawrence Technological University, LDS Business College, Le Moyne College, Loyola University Chicago, Miami Dade College, Oklahoma State University, Onondaga Community College, Rice University, Ringling College, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, University of Nevada - Las Vegas, University of Virginia, University of Wyoming, Utah State University, Utah Valley University, Vermont Technical College, or Western Illinois University. Essay on the following question required: What rustic design elements would you incorporate either in architectural or interior design to bring a classic log cabin feel into an urban setting?
Award: $2,500, Deadline: May 31
Applicants must attend a Minnesota institution of higher learning with a concentration in construction or construction-related courses. Applications are judged equally on academic performance, career objectives, financial need, personal information and application clarity.
- College Junior, College Sophomore, College Freshman
- Civil Engineering, General, Construction Management Technology, Civil Engineering/civil Tech./technician, Construction Equipment Operator, Civil Engineering, Other, Construction Trades, Other, Building/construction Management, Architecture And Design, Construction Management, Building Construction, Construction And Building Finishers And Managers, Other
Award: $2,000, Deadline: May 1
Applicants must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher and plan to attend a school that offers a diesel technology program. Scholarship recipients must maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA in their studies. Preference is given to students who are motivated, responsible and have the potential for great achievement.