Scholarships in Design
Award: -, Deadline: November 1
Applicant must be a resident of Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin, or North Dakota. Minimum 3.4 GPA and combined SAT Reasoning score of 1090 (composite ACT score of 25) required. Applicant must be majoring in one of the majors listed on sponsor's application page.
- Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Wisconsin
- College Freshman
- Architecture, Journalism And Mass Communication, Architectural Studies, Engineering, Petroleum, Geology, Italian Studies, Religion/religious Studies, Music Therapy, Anthropology, African/african-american Studies, Visual Arts Education, Theatre Arts, History Of Art, Women's Studies, Latin American Studies, Slavic Languages And Literatures (other Than Russian), Physics, Environmental Studies, Astronomy, Engineering Physics, Public Affairs/administration, Russian/east Asian/eurasian Studies, American Studies/civilization, French Language And Literature, German Studies, Dance, Philosophy, Humanities, Design, Visual Arts, Political Science, General, Music Education, Sociology, Community Health, Classics
Award: $500, Deadline: April 13
Applicant must be a Laytonville High School senior who plans to attend a vocational school, community college, or four-year college/university. Selection based upon financial need; their qualities of diligence, perseverance, and selflessness; and desire to pursue studies in music, art, architecture, building construction and/or design.
Award: $4,000, Deadline: December 16
To apply for one of the two student scholarship grants, applicant must be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in an art or design program. To apply for the one open grant, anyone may apply, with the exclusion of those applying for student grant (alumni and other majors are welcome).
Award: $1,500, Deadline: July 15; December 15
Applicant must be a currently enrolled student who is interested in the field of architecture, design, and/or engineering. A unique shade sail structure design using Google Sketchup must be created in order to apply. Selection based upon creativity, build-ability, practicality, and location.
Award: $300, Deadline: March 31
Applicant must be an undergraduate architecture, design, building, or construction student at one of the following schools: Arapahoe Community College, Boise State University, Cal Poly - Pomona, Eastern Michigan University, Eastern University, Highline Community College, Lawrence Technological University, LDS Business College, Le Moyne College, Loyola University Chicago, Miami Dade College, Oklahoma State University, Onondaga Community College, Rice University, Ringling College, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, University of Nevada - Las Vegas, University of Virginia, University of Wyoming, Utah State University, Utah Valley University, Vermont Technical College, or Western Illinois University. Essay on the following question required: What rustic design elements would you incorporate either in architectural or interior design to bring a classic log cabin feel into an urban setting?
Award: $10,000, Deadline: July 30
Applicant must be pursuing a design-oriented degree full-time at an accredited college/university. Must create own design with software of choice.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: November 30
Applicant must be a current undergraduate or graduate majoring in graphic arts/design or a related field at an accredited college or university in the United States. Minimum 3.0 GPA and submission of a personal marketing package promoting the applicant are required.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: November 30
Applicants must reside in the U.S. and be enrolled in or planning to enroll in a program that addresses home design, architecture, engineering, plumbing, heating or air conditioning. Students will need to submit a short essay explaining why they have chosen that field of study and how the scholarship will help them to achieve their goal.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- College Junior, College Freshman, High School Senior, College Senior, Master's-level Study, College Sophomore
- Architecture And Design, Home Furnishings And Equipment Installers And Consultants, Other, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, And Refrigeration (hvac/r), Architecture, Engineering, Heating, Air Conditioning And Refrigeration Mechanic And Repairer, Heating, Ventilation, And Air Conditioning (hvac), Design, Heating, Air Conditioning And Refrigeration Tech./technician, Home Furnishings And Equipment Installers And Consultants, General, Plumber And Pipefitter
Award: -, Deadline: November 3
Applicants must be college undergraduate students in the area of retail design and planning, visual merchandising, interior design and branding programs. Students will create a design project based on the given information relating to Kroger stores. Application and project details are available online.
Award: $500, Deadline: November 15
Applicants must be U.S. citizens who are college students currently pursuing a major in Graphic Arts & Design or Applied Arts of any level. To apply, students must share and follow the scholarship on social media.
Award: $1,500, Deadline: March 1
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, a high-school senior or college level student, have a 3.0 minimum GPA or higher and be pursuing a degree in the arts or design field. Applicants must convey the beauty of humanity either through written essay, image or 90-second video.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- College Senior, College Sophomore, Doctoral-level Study, College Junior, College Freshman, Master's-level Study, High School Senior
- Design And Applied Arts, Other, Design/graphics, Arts, Performing And Creative, Arts, Media, Design/furnishings, Design, Art, Classical, Art Therapy, Art, General, Art, Sequential, Art History, Criticism And Conservation, Design And Visual Communications, Arts And Sciences
Award: $3,250, Deadline: January 13
Applicants must be?residents of?Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon or Washington and be high school seniors or college or graduate students (community college, four-year public or private college or university, certificate program, vocational/technical/trade programs, law school, medical/dental/veterinary school or graduate education). Students must be members of the?LGBTQ and allied community and display leadership either within the LGBTQ community or within their field of study and demonstrate financial need. Students with additional barriers to education as well as those who are?economically, racially, socially, geographically or politically disenfranchised will be given consideration as well.??Students should be studying visual arts and design.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: December 1
Applicants must be women aged 30 or older who are starting post-secondary education or returning to school to continue interrupted studies. Students must be pursuing education in the arts and design field.