Scholarships in Houston
Award: $3,000, Deadline: February 2
Applicant must be a high school senior or eligible for graduation and be of Hispanic or Latino heritage including the Philippines, Portugal and Brazil. Applicant must be willing to travel at one's own expense to attend the regional award ceremony.
Award: $7,000, Deadline: December 1
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and a Texas resident attending a college or university full time in Texas and have a minimum 2.0 GPA (undergraduate) or a minimum 3.0 GPA (graduate). Selection is based upon academics. Financial need may be considered.
Award: $1,500, Deadline: November 15
Applicant must be of Chinese descent and reside in the greater Houston metropolitan area.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: April 30 (fall semester); October 15 (spring semester)
Applicant must be an undergraduate student from Houston, Tex., who is participating in the semester-abroad program. Financial need is considered. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Award: -, Deadline: February 9
Applicant must be a full-time student between the ages of 13 and 19 who is a high school student attending any public, private, parochial, or home high school in Greater Houston, TX. Applicant must be an instrumental musician and/or vocalist performing as a soloist or in an ensemble comprised of no more than five student musicians.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: February 16
Applicant must be Hispanic or of Hispanic descent and studying as a full-time student in the United States or Puerto Rico pursuing an undergraduate degree in business, entrepreneurship, marketing, or a related field for the upcoming academic year. Financial need is required.
- Asheboro, Dallas, Fresno, Greenville, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Phoenix, San Diego, Spartanburg
- College Senior, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Freshman
- Business Administration, Marketing Research, Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurial Studies, Marketing Management And Research, Other, Marketing
Award: $5,000, Deadline: May 9
Applicant must be a United States citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 who is of African-American, Asian/Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic heritage. Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and plan to enroll as a full-time student pursuing a degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, marketing, mathematics, or statistics at a four-year accredited institution in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, or Guam during the upcoming academic year. FAFSA is required. Program will begin as of fall 2009.
- Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco
- College Junior, College Senior, College Freshman, College Sophomore
- Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, Other, Marketing Research, Marketing Management And Research, Other, Marketing, Business Administration, Mathematical Statistics, Finance, General, Accounting, Accounting Technician, Mathematics, Other
Award: $5,000, Deadline: April 4
Applicant must be a United States citizen who is a graduating high school senior with a minimum 2.5 GPA and living within Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, Lansing, Los Angeles County, or the New York Metro area. Selection will be based upon the essay, academic achievement, and evidence of leadership and community service.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: January 31
Applicant must be a high school student who has been actively involved in volunteer work that has had a significant impact on race relations. Two applications required; one from applicant, one from applicant's supporter.
- Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, New Jersey Bmc, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Rochester, Saint Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington
- High School Freshman, High School Sophomore, High School Junior, High School Senior
- All Majors Eligible