Scholarships in New York
Award: $3,000, Deadline: February 2
Applicant must be a high school senior or eligible for graduation and be of Hispanic or Latino heritage including the Philippines, Portugal and Brazil. Applicant must be willing to travel at one's own expense to attend the regional award ceremony.
Award: $2,500, Deadline: February 1
Applicant must attend a public secondary school in New York City and submit an original composition in music, literature, or new media. Selection is based upon creative expression and originality.
Award: $7,000, Deadline: March 23
Applicants must be enrolled in architectural programs at schools in New York City and New York State. Applicants are nominated by Deans of architecture schools based on high levels of academic achievement and evidence of financial need.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: January 31
Applicant must be from New York City who comes from a low-income family.
Award: -, Deadline: March 15
Applicant must be a New York City resident who is attending a metropolitan New York City school. The program offers internships in public health research, community outreach and education, fieldwork, laboratory work and administration to all college undergraduates, graduate, and professional school students.
- New York
- College Junior, College Senior, Master's-level Study, College Freshman, Doctoral-level Study, College Sophomore
- Clinical And Medical Social Work, Medical Genetics, Nursing, Maternal/child Health (post-r.n.), Public Administration, Nursing Science (post-r.n.), Medical Immunology, Health And Medical Biostatistics, Nursing, Pediatric (post-r.n.), Environmental/environmental Health Engineering, Law (ll.b., J.d.), Nursing Anesthetist (post-r.n.), Clinical Laboratory Science (medical Laboratory Technologies), Health Physics/radiologic Health, Medicinal/pharmaceutical Chemistry, Health And Medical Administrative Services, Other, Mathematics, Other, Mathematics, Health And Physical Education/fitness, Other, Medicine (m.d.), Nursing, Surgical (post-r.n.), Mathematics And Computer Science, Health Unit Manager/ward Supervisor, Pre-medicine, Health And Medical Preparatory Programs, Other, Political Science, General, Health Occupations Teacher Education (vocational), Nursing, Public Health (post-r.n.), Nursing Administration (post-r.n.), Health Services Management, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Public Policy Analysis, Health Unit Coordinator/ward Clerk, Public Health, General, Medical Pathology, Medical Microbiology, Medical Biochemistry, Social Work, Environmental Health, Medical Pharmacology And Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical Neurobiology, Accounting, Health And Medical Assistants, Other, Medical Clinical Sciences (m.s., Ph.d.), Medical Molecular Biology, Medical Nutrition, Social Science Teacher Education, Medical Cell Biology, Computer Science, Health Products And Services Marketing Operations, Nursing, Family Practice (post-r.n.), Pre-law, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Technician, Medical Dietician, Medical Toxicology, Public Health Education And Promotion, Medical Physiology, Medical Biomathematics And Biometrics, Law And Legal Studies, Other, Nursing, Other, Public Health, Other, Healthcare, Nursing, Adult Health (post-r.n.), Health Teacher Education, Nursing Midwifery (post-r.n.), Health Aide, Medical Physics/biophysics, Political Science/government, Health And Medical Diagnostic And Treatment Services, Other, Public Administration And Services, Other, Nursing, Psychiatric/mental Health (post-r.n.), Health And Physical Education, General, Social Sciences And History, Other
Award: $2,500, Deadline: November 1 (spring); January 30 (summer); June 1 (fall)
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen who is African-American, Alaskan, Asian-American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, or Native American. Preference is given to residents of the New York City area.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: None
Applicant must be the son or daughter of a firefighter, law enforcement official, or EMS staff, and must demonstrate financial need. Preference is given to applicants who exhibit an interest in public safety or law enforcement careers.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: None
Applicant must have achieved A's and B's in high school and must demonstrate that he/she understands the opportunities a college education offers. Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
Award: -, Deadline: None
Applicant must compete in the All-City Student Art Exhibit
Award: -, Deadline: March 15
Applicant must be a United States citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 who is of Hispanic heritage. Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale and have plans to enroll as a full-time student in a degree-seeking program at a four-year accredited institution in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, or Guam during the upcoming academic year. FAFSA is required. Program will begin as of fall 2009.
- Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Detroit, Jacksonville, Little Rock, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Waterloo, Winston-salem
- College Freshman, College Junior, College Sophomore, College Senior
- Accounting, Accounting Technician, Accounting, Other, Marketing, Marketing Research, Education, Marketing Management And Research, Other, Economics, Advertising, Human Resources Management, Other, Urban Affairs/studies, Public Relations, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Finance, General
Award: $5,000, Deadline: March 11 (Southern New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland); March 18 (Washington, D.C. metro area); March 25 (New York)
Applicant must be a high school student currently enrolled in grades 9 through 12 in one of the following areas: Washington, DC; Delaware/Delmarva Peninsula and southern New Jersey; New York City; or Maryland area (each city/ region is a separate contest with students competing only against others in their local community). Applicant must write and illustrate a children's book that discusses the topics of tolerance and diversity.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: April 4
Applicant must be a United States citizen who is a graduating high school senior with a minimum 2.5 GPA and living within Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, Lansing, Los Angeles County, or the New York Metro area. Selection will be based upon the essay, academic achievement, and evidence of leadership and community service.
Award: -, Deadline: October 27
Applicant must be a New York City high school senior who is in the top ten percent of their graduating class and who has overcome great hardship.
- New York
- No Restrictions
- All Majors Eligible