Scholarships in Detroit
Award: $1,125, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen. Preference is given to applicants from the Detroit area.
Award: $2,500, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen , demonstrate academic merit, financial need, and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Applicants from the counties of Detroit, Mich., will be given top priority.
Award: $4,125, Deadline: February 15 (Priority)
Applicant must be a graduate of a Detroit public school who is a full-time student with past activities of educational aspirations that demonstrate their commitment to the advancement of minorities in American society. Selection is based upon academic achievement, exceptional personal talent, appropriate work or service experiences, demonstrated leadership, a history of overcoming disadvantages, and an ability to communicate with minority and majority student groups.
Award: -, Deadline: March 15
Applicant must be a United States citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 who is of Hispanic heritage. Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale and have plans to enroll as a full-time student in a degree-seeking program at a four-year accredited institution in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, or Guam during the upcoming academic year. FAFSA is required. Program will begin as of fall 2009.
- Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Detroit, Jacksonville, Little Rock, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Waterloo, Winston-salem
- College Freshman, College Junior, College Sophomore, College Senior
- Accounting, Accounting Technician, Accounting, Other, Marketing, Marketing Research, Education, Marketing Management And Research, Other, Economics, Advertising, Human Resources Management, Other, Urban Affairs/studies, Public Relations, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Finance, General
Award: $5,000, Deadline: April 4
Applicant must be a United States citizen who is a graduating high school senior with a minimum 2.5 GPA and living within Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, Lansing, Los Angeles County, or the New York Metro area. Selection will be based upon the essay, academic achievement, and evidence of leadership and community service.
Award: $6,000, Deadline: December 13
Applicant must be a graduating senior from a Deroit, MI high school with a minimum 3.0 GPA and minimum 21 ACT or 990 SAT.
Award: $500, Deadline: n/a
Applicant must be a full-time freshman student who is an active member of a Catholic parish in the Archdiocese of Detroit. Letter of recommendation from pastor is required.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: January 31
Applicant must be a high school student who has been actively involved in volunteer work that has had a significant impact on race relations. Two applications required; one from applicant, one from applicant's supporter.
- Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, New Jersey Bmc, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Rochester, Saint Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington
- High School Freshman, High School Sophomore, High School Junior, High School Senior
- All Majors Eligible