Scholarships in Acting
Award: $10,000, Deadline: March 21
Applicant must be Muslim or an active member of the Muslim community who is enrolled at an accredited university as an undergraduate (sophomore, junior, or senior) or graduate student (including Ph.D.) in the United States who is majoring in one of the sponsor's supported majors as found on their website. Minimum 3.0 GPA and United States citizenship/permanent residence required.
- United States
- College Senior, College Sophomore, College Junior, Other Postgraduate-level Study, Doctoral-level Study, Master's-level Study
- Islamic Studies, Sociology, Communication Studies, Communication, Creative Writing, Library Science/librarianship, Criminal Justice And Corrections, Other, International Studies, Criminal Justice/law Enforcement Administration, Public Administration And Services, Other, International Relations, Communications, Library Science, Other, Criminal Justice Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, Law And Legal Studies, Other, Drama And Dance Teacher Education, English Composition, Liberal Arts And Sciences, International/area Studies, Dramatic/theater Arts And Stagecraft, Other, Anthropology, Acting And Directing, Acting
Award: -, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing education in the areas of fine arts or performing arts. Preference will be given to graduates from Lorain County high schools. FAFSA and Student Aid Report are required. Award amount is determined by committee.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: October 1
Applicant must be the son, daughter, step daughter, stepson, granddaughter, or grandson of a current active Auxiliary member in good standing for a period of five years. Applicant must be graduating from an accredited high school and be applying to an accredited college and/or have been accepted into a qualified college or university undergraduate study program or a school of higher education; or candidate must have completed the past year at a qualified college or university or school of higher education.
Award: $500, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a graduating high school senior who participated in KidsPlay, Inc. programs for at least two years and plans to pursue a theatrical degree in performance and/or education. Minimum 2.0 GPA required.
Award: $16,000, Deadline: February 1
Applicant must be pursuing a degree within the Shenandoah Conservatory. Selection is based upon application for admission, audition, and needs of the conservatory. Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and a minimum combined SAT Reasoning score of 900 (composite ACT score of 19).
Award: $3,000, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a graduate of a Johnson County high school who resides in Johnson County and will major in music or theatre full-time at a two- or four-year college or university. Minimum 2.75 GPA required.
- College Junior, College Senior, College Sophomore, High School Senior, College Freshman
- Acting, Music, Other, Music, General Performance, String Music Perfomance, Acting And Directing, Musicology And Ethnomusicology, Music, Voice And Choral/opera Performance, Drama And Dance Teacher Education, Music Theory And Composition, Music, Dramatic/theater Arts And Stagecraft, Other, Dramatic Arts/theatre
Award: $2,000, Deadline: April 13
Applicant must be a Mendocino, Fort Bragg, or Point Area high school senior who plans to attend a four-year college or university and study the performing arts, including music, dance, theatre, film, and puppetry. Selection based upon potential for career success in the performing arts and their prior academic performance. Minimum 3.0 GPA is desired, but not required.
- Fort Bragg, Mendocino
- High School Senior, College Freshman
- Performing Arts, Drama And Dance Teacher Education, Music, Other, String Music Perfomance, Acting, Acting And Directing, Music, General Performance, Music Theory And Composition, Dance, Dramatic/theater Arts And Stagecraft, Other, Musicology And Ethnomusicology, Playwriting And Screenwriting, Music, Voice And Choral/opera Performance
Award: $3,000, Deadline: February 15
Applicant must be majoring in a field of music, art, or theatre arts and continue with that major for which the scholarship is awarded. Audition (music, theatre) or portfolio review (art) required.
Award: $3,000, Deadline: n/a
Applicant must be an outstanding performer who is an undergraduate, graduate, or continuing part-time student. Applicant is required to audition with a performance. There will be three rounds (preliminary, semifinal, and final). 16 regional and two national scholarships awarded.
Award: -, Deadline: April 1
Applicants must be seniors in high school, active members of the International Thespian Society and planning to major or minor in communicative arts. Most of the scholarships require an audition or tech portfolio.