Scholarships in Allied Health Sciences
Award: $5,000, Deadline: November 30; April 30
Applicant must be a current employee who is enrolled in a nursing or allied health (e.g. radiology technology, respiratory therapy, medical technology, physical therapy, physical therapy assistant, occupational therapy, or physician assistant) undergraduate program or a non-employee who is enrolled in a nursing program leading to a B.S.N. or higher. Minimum 2.5 GPA, two letters of recommendation, transcript, and letter of acceptance/good standing required. Award requires a work commitment at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, MD, upon completion of degree program.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- Other Postgraduate-level Study, Master's-level Study, College Junior, College Senior, Doctoral-level Study
- Medical Radiologic Tech./technician, Physical Therapy Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Allied Health Professions, Nursing, Other, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Allied Health Sciences, Medical Technology, Respiratory Therapy Technician
Award: $665, Deadline: February 15
Applicant must be a Douglas County resident who is a graduating senior planning to attend Wenatchee Valley College. Applicant must plan to enroll in a an agriculture, agriculture-related, or allied health sciences field of study.
Award: $400, Deadline: February 15
Applicant must be a non-traditional student at Wenatchee Valley College who is enrolled in allied health sciences.
Award: $300, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a graduating senior from Greensburg Community High School who will major in an allied health field.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: December 15
Applicants must be at least 13 years of age, have a minimum 3.0 GPA and be a U.S. citizen. Students must be studying or planning on studying a medicine related field. Students must be at least a high school senior. AvaCare Medical offers an annual scholarship for an inspiring act of kindness. Selection is based on judge scores as well as public votes. Submission may be in the form of a blog post, an image or a short video clip. Finalists are selected based on content, creativity and quality of work.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- High School Senior, College Senior, College Freshman, Master's-level Study, College Sophomore, College Junior, Other Postgraduate-level Study, Doctoral-level Study
- Biological Sciences/life Sciences, Other, Cognitive Psychology And Psycholinguistics, Dental Laboratory Technician, Dental Services, Other, Health Aide, Health And Medical Assistants, Other, Medical Anatomy, Medical Office Management, Medical Records Tech./technician, Medical Technology, Movement Therapy, Medical Journalism, Allied Health Sciences, Biological Immunology, Cardiovascular Tech./technician, Health Physics/radiologic Health, Medical Records Administration, Allied Health Professions, Behavior Health, Anatomy, Medical Biomathematics And Biometrics, Medical Pathology, Medicine (m.d.), Biomedical Health, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology Research, Dental Clinical Sciences/graduate Dentistry (m.s., Ph.d.), Dental Hygiene, Developmental And Child Psychology, Health And Medical Diagnostic And Treatment Services, Other, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Medical Nutrition, Nursing, Medical Practice Management, Health Sciences, Nurse Practitioner, Allied Health, Generic, Natural/health Sciences, Biological Tech./technician, Communication Disorders Sciences And Services, Other, Medical Dietician, Medical Genetics, Medical Molecular Biology, Medical Physics/biophysics, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing Administration (post-r.n.), Allied Health Technologies, Biological Science, Audiology/hearing Sciences, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering-related Tech./technician, Clinical And Medical Social Work, Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.), Gerontological Services, Medical Illustrating, Medical Transcription, Nurse Assistant/aide, Biochemical Engineering, Medical-related Field, Bioengineering (implants), Long-term Healthcare, Emergency Services, Basic Medical Sciences, Other, Chiropractic (d.c., D.c.m.), Emergency Medical Tech./technician, Medical Assistant, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Cell Biology, Medical Clinical Sciences (m.s., Ph.d.), Medical Immunology, Medical Microbiology, Medical Neurobiology, Medical Pharmacology And Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical Physiology, Medical Toxicology, Imaging Technology, Medical Imaging, Medical Robotics, Clinical Laboratory Technology, Health Professions/related Sciences, Biochemistry/microbiology, Developmental Disabilites, Bioengineering And Biomedical Engineering, Biological And Physical Sciences, Blood Bank Tech./technician, Cell And Molecular Biology, Other, Cell Biology, Clinical Psychology, Dental Assistant, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Exercise Sciences/physiology And Movement Studies, Genetics, Gerontology, Health And Medical Biostatistics, Clinical Laboratory Science (medical Laboratory Technologies), Health And Medical Preparatory Programs, Other, Medical Laboratory Technician, Medical Radiologic Tech./technician, Medicinal/pharmaceutical Chemistry, Health Education/community Health, Family Medicine