Scholarships in Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.)
Award: -, Deadline: Last Friday in March (early application recommended)
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or national enrolled or accepted into an accredited school in the U.S.as a full-time student.
Award: $8,500, Deadline: February
Applicant must be a resident of North Carolina and demonstrate financial need.
- North Carolina
- Other Postgraduate-level Study, College Sophomore, College Freshman, College Junior, Master's-level Study, College Senior, Doctoral-level Study
- Podiatry (d.p.m., D.p., Pod.d.), Social Work, Computer And Information Sciences, General, Nursing, Pharmacy Administration And Pharmaceutics, Audiology/hearing Sciences, Medicine (m.d.), Nursing, Other, Physical Therapy, Clinical Psychology, Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.), Electrical, Electronics And Communication Engineering, Engineering, Other, Veterinary Medicine (d.v.m.), Physical Sciences, Other, Respiratory Therapy Technician, Chemistry, Teacher Education, Pharmacy, Veterinary Clinical Sciences (m.s., Ph.d.), Cytotechnologist, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant, Public Health, General, Chiropractic (d.c., D.c.m.), Engineering, Mathematics Teacher Education, Medical Technology, Osteopathic Medicine (d.o.), Science Teacher Education, General, Speech-language Pathology, Biology Teacher Education, Optometry, Dental Hygiene
Award: -, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a medical student who is the child of an international missionary and plans to go into international missions. Applicants majoring in nursing, dentistry, or pharmacy will also be considered.
Award: $20,000, Deadline: November 30
Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who has recently graduated or is about to graduate from an institution which is a member of or affiliated with AUCC. Applicants presently studying in the U.S. are not eligible.
Award: $9,000, Deadline: Early January
Applicant must be a woman, a graduate of an American institution, and be planning a career in medicine, preferably in general practice, not psychiatry.
Award: $3,000, Deadline: February 1
Applicant must have a minimum composite ACT score of 28 (combined SAT Reasoning score of 1240) and plan to enter medical or dental school.
Award: $15,000, Deadline: February 15
Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident who is under the age of 24 and has confirmed admission into a professional degree program. Applicant must be majoring in one of the following areas of study: agriculture, dentistry, economics, engineering, food technology, forestry/fishery, media, medical technology, medicine, nursing, nutrition, pharmacy, political science, social science, or veterinary medicine. High academic achievement and financial need are required. Recipient must not be in receipt of any other loan.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- College Junior, College Sophomore, Master's-level Study, College Senior, College Freshman
- Pre-medicine, Pharmacy, Social Sciences, General, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Arts, Media, Pre-veterinary Medicine, Nutrition Food Science, Food Science, Fishing And Fisheries Sciences And Management, Medical Technology, Medicine (m.d.), Nutrition, Veterinary Clinical Sciences (m.s., Ph.d.), Forestry Sciences, Dental Clinical Sciences/graduate Dentistry (m.s., Ph.d.), Political Science, General, Engineering, Forestry And Related Sciences, Other, Forestry, General, Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.), Economics, Food Sciences And Tech., Nursing, Veterinary Medicine (d.v.m.), Fisheries Biology
Award: -, Deadline: May
Applicant must be a North Carolina resident, be accepted at the UNC School of Dentistry, demonstrate financial need, and intend to practice dentistry in North Carolina. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Award: $20,000, Deadline: August 1
Award repays student loans.
- Doctoral-level Study, Master's-level Study, Other Postgraduate-level Study
- Medicine (m.d.), Nursing, Pediatric (post-r.n.), Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.), Nursing Midwifery (post-r.n.), Nursing, Family Practice (post-r.n.), Dental Hygiene, Social Psychology, Medical Clinical Sciences (m.s., Ph.d.), Nursing
Award: $1,000, Deadline: August 15
Applicant must be in the second or third year of a graduate or postgraduate program and be nominated by the director of that program. Selection is based upon academic achievement and potential and interest in oral and maxillofacial radiology.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- Master's-level Study
- Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.), Dental Clinical Sciences/graduate Dentistry (m.s., Ph.d.)
Award: $2,500, Deadline: November 11
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selection is based upon financial need, academic achievement, and personal and professional goals. Two reference forms from two dental school representatives (i.e., professor or academic advisor) in support of the application must be submitted as part of the application form.
Award: $10,000, Deadline: May 31
Applicant must be a United States citizen, national, permanent resident, or selected refugee who is a legal resident of New York State for at least one year immediately preceding the effective date of the award; and must be enrolled in, or be a candidate for admission to, an approved medical or dental school in New York State. Priority is given to applicants in the following order: economically disadvantaged and a member of a minority group historically underrepresented in the professions (i.e., Black, Hispanic, Native American, or Alaskan Native); member of a minority group historically underrepresented in the professions; enrolled in or is a graduate of the following State-sponsored opportunity programs: Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), Search for Education, Elevation and Knowledge (SEEK), or College Discovery. Award amount varies. Approximately 100 scholarships are distributed, 80 in medicine and 20 in dentistry.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: April 1
Applicant must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen enrolled full time in an accredited school of study in the U.S. or Canada and submit resume, official transcripts, an itemized budget endorsed by the school's financial aid officer, and two letters of recommendation. Pre-med students are not eligible. Enclose two stamped, self-addressed, business-sized envelopes with inquiry.
Award: $4,000, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon who is attending or will attend medical school and has demonstrated community service.
Award: $2,100, Deadline: January 18
Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited D.D.S./D.M.D. or hygiene program at a health-associated dental institution within the U.S. and must be sponsored by a faculty member at that institution. Applicant must not have received the degree nor should it be awarded during the year of the fellowship.
Award: $2,500, Deadline: December 1
Selection is based upon class rank.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: May 1
Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, be enrolled in an accredited program in the U.S., have completed at least one year of dental hygiene curriculum, and submit the FAFSA or the Family Financial Service form of the ACT. Selection is based upon financial need and career goals statement.
Award: -, Deadline: October 15
Applicant must be a resident of participating state and attend an approved program at a WICHE participating program.
- Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
- College Junior, Master's-level Study
- Pharmacy, Occupational Therapy, Medicine (m.d.), Optometry, Podiatry (d.p.m., D.p., Pod.d.), Osteopathic Medicine (d.o.), Physician Assistant, Physical Therapy, Veterinary Medicine (d.v.m.), Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.)
Award: $300, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a full-time student with a minimum 2.75 GPA who is accepted into a dental school.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: August 2
Awarded to applicants from accredited programs performing research in oral and maxillofacial radiology. Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or pre-doctoral student at the time of research, be nominated by the institution where research was carried out, and submit a manuscript detailing the research project. Selection is based upon clarity of conceptual definition, adequacy of literature review, originality, soundness of methodology, significance of contribution to oral and maxillofacial radiology, and manuscript format and style.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- Master's-level Study
- Dental Clinical Sciences/graduate Dentistry (m.s., Ph.d.), Dental Assistant, Dental Hygiene, Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.)
Award: $5,000, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a Maryland resident who demonstrates financial need. Applicant must be degree-seeking, either full-time or part-time and attend one of the eligible institutions.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: April 1
Applicant must be a member of JACL. Selection is based upon personal statement, letters of recommendation, transcripts, work experience, and community involvement.
Award: $2,500, Deadline: None
Applicant must be an Oklahoma resident. Selection is based upon merit and need.
Award: $3,500, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a Missouri resident, be in top 5% of class, and have a minimum ACT composite of 28.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: April 15
Selection is based upon originality of research project, sound methodology, and significance to the field of oral and maxillofacial radiology.
Award: $1,500, Deadline: Unknown
Applicant must be currently enrolled in an American Dental Association accredited dental graduate program with an oral and maxilofacial radiology track. Applicant should be a member of the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology and have applied for membership at the time of application. Projects should involve research in oral and maxillofacial radiology and have been completed at the time of application. The study should result in the publication of a masters thesis or an article suitable for publication.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: March 30
Applicants must be enrolled currently as an entering or fully matriculated graduate student in an American Dental Association-accredited oral and maxillofacial radiology program at the time of application. Completed application form, three letters of recommendation, a typed statement of personal and professional goals, academic achievement record form, and confirmation of matriculation in an oral and maxillofacial radiology program required.
Award: $500, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a resident of Lorain or Erie County who is pursuing education in the dental field. FAFSA and Student Aid Report are required.
Award: $10,000, Deadline: May 15
Applicant must agree to practice dentistry in an approved underserved area of Texas, to accept Medicaid assignments as full payment for services, and to never deny services based on a patient's ability to pay. Applicant must not have any existing service obligation.
Award: $23,000, Deadline: None
Applicant must be a Maryland resident at time of service obligation, a U.S. citizen or national. Applicant must have received a dental degree from a Maryland college or university or an accredited U.S. dental school, be employed as a full-time dentist in Maryland, have a valid unrestricted Maryland dental license, not breached an obligation for service to federal, state or local goverment entity, and must not be in default of education loans or have incomplete service obligation.