Scholarships in Emergency Services
Award: $1,000, Deadline: March 9
Applicant must be a resident of Vermont who will pursue education or training in a field related to emergency services at an accredited school approved for federal Title IV funding. Financial need must be demonstrated.
Award: $2,500, Deadline: January 11
Applicant must be a Ventura County high school senior or graduate enrolling or already enrolled at an accredited vocational school, community college, or four-year university in a health-related field. Essay is required and it must specify intent to practice in Ventura County upon completion of studies.
- High School Senior, College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior
- Social Work, Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Public Health, Other, Public Health, General, Physical Therapy Assistant, Occupational Therapy, Nurse Assistant/aide, Emergency Services, Physical Therapy, Radiation Biology/radiobiology, Emergency Medical Tech./technician
Award: $10,000, Deadline: January 11
Applicant must be a Southern California resident (preference for those in Ventura County) who has received an EMT certificate and intends to enroll as a candidate for a Paramedic Training Certificate at an accredited training institution, college, or university in the counties of Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, or San Diego.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a resident of Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry or Lee County, FL who graduated high school at least two years ago and will pursue emergency medical technician training, nursing or paramedic training.
Award: $500, Deadline: None
Applicant must be a first time enrollee in an online undergraduate criminal justice, fire science, or emergency management degree or certificate program. Applicant must have at least one year of full-time experience working in the criminal justice, fire science, or emergency management field.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: December 31
Applicant must be a high school senior or college student. Preference will be given to those currently enrolled in a nationally accredited nursing school, medical school, pharmacy school, dental school, respiratory therapy program, paramedic program, or emergency medical technician program. Essay required.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- College Junior, College Sophomore, College Freshman, High School Senior, College Senior
- Respiratory Therapy Technician, Paramedic, Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.), Dental Clinical Sciences/graduate Dentistry (m.s., Ph.d.), Emergency Medical Tech./technician, Pharmacy, Respiratory Care, Nursing, Pre-medicine, Medicine (m.d.), Emergency Services
Award: $1,000, Deadline: July 15
Applicant must be attending a State approved or accredited EMS, Nursing, or Allied Health program. Student will need to provide a copy of student ID (if your program issues one), a copy of a State Identification Card (Ex. State ID or Driver's License), a Letter of Recommendation Form (form provided) and a brief essay (500 words maximum) on what interested you in your field and what your plans are after graduation. Recipients must provide a follow-up photo to Platinum Educational Group if chosen as scholarship awardee.
Award: -, Deadline: April 1
Applicants must be undergraduate students entering or in their last year of study in an NAACLS-accredited program in Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Technician/Medical Laboratory Technician. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
Award: $3,000, Deadline: March 15
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and must be accepted into a certified paramedic training program. They must be U.S. residents and must be in a training program based in the U.S. Selection is based on commitment to the paramedic profession and to public service.
Award: $2,000, Deadline: June 15
Applicants must be New Jersey residents. They must be undergraduate juniors, undergraduate seniors or graduate students enrolled in a nursing, allied health professions, healthcare administration or hospital administration degree program. Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and must demonstrate financial need. Selection is based on the quality of the personal essay submitted as part of the application.
- New Jersey
- Doctoral-level Study, College Junior, Master's-level Study, Other Postgraduate-level Study, College Senior
- Emergency Medical Tech./technician, Optometry, Emergency Services, Health And Medical Administrative Services, Other, Respiratory Care, Physical Therapy Assistant, Respiratory Therapy Technician, Music Therapy, Nutrition And Food Science, Nursing Science (post-r.n.), Pharmacology, Human And Animal, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Nursing Administration (post-r.n.), Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Nursing Education, Biomedical Health, Kinesiology, Bioengineering And Biomedical Engineering, Clinical Psychology, Pharmacy/pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering
Award: $1,000, Deadline: December 15
Applicants must be at least 13 years of age, have a minimum 3.0 GPA and be a U.S. citizen. Students must be studying or planning on studying a medicine related field. Students must be at least a high school senior. AvaCare Medical offers an annual scholarship for an inspiring act of kindness. Selection is based on judge scores as well as public votes. Submission may be in the form of a blog post, an image or a short video clip. Finalists are selected based on content, creativity and quality of work.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- High School Senior, College Senior, College Freshman, Master's-level Study, College Sophomore, College Junior, Other Postgraduate-level Study, Doctoral-level Study
- Biological Sciences/life Sciences, Other, Cognitive Psychology And Psycholinguistics, Dental Laboratory Technician, Dental Services, Other, Health Aide, Health And Medical Assistants, Other, Medical Anatomy, Medical Office Management, Medical Records Tech./technician, Medical Technology, Movement Therapy, Medical Journalism, Allied Health Sciences, Biological Immunology, Cardiovascular Tech./technician, Health Physics/radiologic Health, Medical Records Administration, Allied Health Professions, Behavior Health, Anatomy, Medical Biomathematics And Biometrics, Medical Pathology, Medicine (m.d.), Biomedical Health, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology Research, Dental Clinical Sciences/graduate Dentistry (m.s., Ph.d.), Dental Hygiene, Developmental And Child Psychology, Health And Medical Diagnostic And Treatment Services, Other, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Medical Nutrition, Nursing, Medical Practice Management, Health Sciences, Nurse Practitioner, Allied Health, Generic, Natural/health Sciences, Biological Tech./technician, Communication Disorders Sciences And Services, Other, Medical Dietician, Medical Genetics, Medical Molecular Biology, Medical Physics/biophysics, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing Administration (post-r.n.), Allied Health Technologies, Biological Science, Audiology/hearing Sciences, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering-related Tech./technician, Clinical And Medical Social Work, Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.), Gerontological Services, Medical Illustrating, Medical Transcription, Nurse Assistant/aide, Biochemical Engineering, Medical-related Field, Bioengineering (implants), Long-term Healthcare, Emergency Services, Basic Medical Sciences, Other, Chiropractic (d.c., D.c.m.), Emergency Medical Tech./technician, Medical Assistant, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Cell Biology, Medical Clinical Sciences (m.s., Ph.d.), Medical Immunology, Medical Microbiology, Medical Neurobiology, Medical Pharmacology And Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical Physiology, Medical Toxicology, Imaging Technology, Medical Imaging, Medical Robotics, Clinical Laboratory Technology, Health Professions/related Sciences, Biochemistry/microbiology, Developmental Disabilites, Bioengineering And Biomedical Engineering, Biological And Physical Sciences, Blood Bank Tech./technician, Cell And Molecular Biology, Other, Cell Biology, Clinical Psychology, Dental Assistant, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Exercise Sciences/physiology And Movement Studies, Genetics, Gerontology, Health And Medical Biostatistics, Clinical Laboratory Science (medical Laboratory Technologies), Health And Medical Preparatory Programs, Other, Medical Laboratory Technician, Medical Radiologic Tech./technician, Medicinal/pharmaceutical Chemistry, Health Education/community Health, Family Medicine