Scholarships in Clinical Laboratory Technology
Award: $1,000, Deadline: January 11
Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and major in medical research or business. Applicant must be a student in Ventura County intending to attend an accredited college or university.
Award: $25,000, Deadline: November 1
Applicant must be at the instructor or assistant professor level at a U.S. institution and have at least two years of research training. Award is to support new investigators in areas relevant to the conquest of lung disease and the promotion of lung health. Preference is given to minority applicants and applicants interested in tobacco control research.
Award: $4,000, Deadline: March 29
Fellowship is given to foster interest in lupus erythematosus in the areas of basic, clinical, or psychological research under the supervision of an established investigator.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- Doctoral-level Study, College Senior, Master's-level Study
- Medicine (m.d.), Earth And Planetary Sciences, Social Sciences, General, Clinical Laboratory Technology, Biological Sciences/life Sciences, Other, Physical Sciences, General, Pre-medicine, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology
Award: -, Deadline: February 28
Applicant must be a social worker with a masters degree who is preparing for leadership, teaching, consulting, training, policy development, and administration in mental health and substance abuse with ethnic minorities.
Award: $80,000, Deadline: October 15
Applicants must be beginning investigators or developing clinical researchers at collegiate.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: September 12
Applicant must be a student currently enrolled in one of the following healthcare programs: cardiac ultrasound, health information management, medical technology, nursing, pharmacy, or rehabilitation services. Minimum 3.0 GPA and 500 word essay required on this topic: "Why did you choose your career path, what have you done to support it, and how would it benefit FHN's service area?" Finalists are required to participate in an interview.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- College Sophomore, College Freshman, College Senior, College Junior, High School Senior
- Medical Technology, Nursing, Healthcare, Clinical Laboratory Technology, Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy Assistant, Pharmacy, Rehabilitation/therapeutic Services, Other, Pharmacy Technician/assistant, Cardiovascular Tech./technician, Occupational Therapy, Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Health Informatics, Health And Medical Administrative Services, Other
Award: -, Deadline: April 1
Applicants must be undergraduate students entering or in their last year of study in an NAACLS-accredited program in Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Technician/Medical Laboratory Technician. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: December 15
Applicants must be at least 13 years of age, have a minimum 3.0 GPA and be a U.S. citizen. Students must be studying or planning on studying a medicine related field. Students must be at least a high school senior. AvaCare Medical offers an annual scholarship for an inspiring act of kindness. Selection is based on judge scores as well as public votes. Submission may be in the form of a blog post, an image or a short video clip. Finalists are selected based on content, creativity and quality of work.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- High School Senior, College Senior, College Freshman, Master's-level Study, College Sophomore, College Junior, Other Postgraduate-level Study, Doctoral-level Study
- Biological Sciences/life Sciences, Other, Cognitive Psychology And Psycholinguistics, Dental Laboratory Technician, Dental Services, Other, Health Aide, Health And Medical Assistants, Other, Medical Anatomy, Medical Office Management, Medical Records Tech./technician, Medical Technology, Movement Therapy, Medical Journalism, Allied Health Sciences, Biological Immunology, Cardiovascular Tech./technician, Health Physics/radiologic Health, Medical Records Administration, Allied Health Professions, Behavior Health, Anatomy, Medical Biomathematics And Biometrics, Medical Pathology, Medicine (m.d.), Biomedical Health, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology Research, Dental Clinical Sciences/graduate Dentistry (m.s., Ph.d.), Dental Hygiene, Developmental And Child Psychology, Health And Medical Diagnostic And Treatment Services, Other, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Medical Nutrition, Nursing, Medical Practice Management, Health Sciences, Nurse Practitioner, Allied Health, Generic, Natural/health Sciences, Biological Tech./technician, Communication Disorders Sciences And Services, Other, Medical Dietician, Medical Genetics, Medical Molecular Biology, Medical Physics/biophysics, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing Administration (post-r.n.), Allied Health Technologies, Biological Science, Audiology/hearing Sciences, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering-related Tech./technician, Clinical And Medical Social Work, Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.), Gerontological Services, Medical Illustrating, Medical Transcription, Nurse Assistant/aide, Biochemical Engineering, Medical-related Field, Bioengineering (implants), Long-term Healthcare, Emergency Services, Basic Medical Sciences, Other, Chiropractic (d.c., D.c.m.), Emergency Medical Tech./technician, Medical Assistant, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Cell Biology, Medical Clinical Sciences (m.s., Ph.d.), Medical Immunology, Medical Microbiology, Medical Neurobiology, Medical Pharmacology And Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical Physiology, Medical Toxicology, Imaging Technology, Medical Imaging, Medical Robotics, Clinical Laboratory Technology, Health Professions/related Sciences, Biochemistry/microbiology, Developmental Disabilites, Bioengineering And Biomedical Engineering, Biological And Physical Sciences, Blood Bank Tech./technician, Cell And Molecular Biology, Other, Cell Biology, Clinical Psychology, Dental Assistant, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Exercise Sciences/physiology And Movement Studies, Genetics, Gerontology, Health And Medical Biostatistics, Clinical Laboratory Science (medical Laboratory Technologies), Health And Medical Preparatory Programs, Other, Medical Laboratory Technician, Medical Radiologic Tech./technician, Medicinal/pharmaceutical Chemistry, Health Education/community Health, Family Medicine