Scholarships in Biochemistry/microbiology
Award: $1,000, Deadline: April 30
Applicant must be a high school senior who is planning to attend a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited four-year college/university with a major related to life sciences. Applicant must have a minimum 3.3 GPA, a minimum combined SAT Reasoning score of 2000, and be in the top tenth (or top quarter) of their class. Essay, two letters of recommendation, list of all awards received, list of Advanced Placement or Honors courses with grades, and transcripts are required to be submitted.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- High School Senior
- Inorganic Chemistry, Geological And Related Sciences, Other, Physics, Applied Science, Botany, General, Engineering, Environmental, Mathematics And Computer Science, Analytical Chemistry, Botany, Other, Microbiology, Mechanical Engineering, Biology, Zoology, Other, Environmental Health, Mathematics, Other, Mathematics, Entomology, Biochemistry/microbiology, Environmental Science/studies, Engineering Science, Environmental Health And Safety, Biology/chemistry, Physiology, Human And Animal, Biological Science, Geochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Pharmacy/pharmacology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science/policy, Physics, Other, Computer Science, Chemistry, Other, Environmental Studies, Polymer Chemistry, Geological Engineering, Zoology, Chemistry, Molecular Genetics
Award: $3,000, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must be a graduating senior from a Johnson County high school who will pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study at an accredited college or university in the field of biochemistry, chemistry, or microbiology.
- High School Senior, College Freshman
- Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry/microbiology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Biological Immunology, Polymer Chemistry, Microbiology/bacteriology, Chemistry, Other, Geochemistry, Inorganic Chemistry
Award: $2,500, Deadline: March 14
Applicant must be a graduate or undergraduate student enrolled at California State University Dominguez Hills pursuing a degree in the biomedical sciences.
Award: $40,000, Deadline: October 15
Applicant must be a graduate student or above who will be attending an Australian educational institution majoring in engineering, medicine, sustainability, or technology. Three essays, three letters of reference, a proposed budget, transcripts, and letter of acceptance to an Australian University required. Must be a U.S. citizen and full-time student.
- Master's-level Study, Doctoral-level Study
- Engineering, Environmental Science/policy, Biochemistry/microbiology, Biochemistry, Marine Biology, Environmental Studies, Computer And Information Sciences, Other, Molecular Biology, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Medicine (m.d.), Oceanography, Pre-medicine, Biological Science, Miscellaneous Physical Sciences, Other, Physical Sciences, General, Environmental Science/studies, Mathematics, Other, Physical Sciences, Other, Technology, Biophysics
Award: $1,000, Deadline: December 15
Applicants must be at least 13 years of age, have a minimum 3.0 GPA and be a U.S. citizen. Students must be studying or planning on studying a medicine related field. Students must be at least a high school senior. AvaCare Medical offers an annual scholarship for an inspiring act of kindness. Selection is based on judge scores as well as public votes. Submission may be in the form of a blog post, an image or a short video clip. Finalists are selected based on content, creativity and quality of work.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- High School Senior, College Senior, College Freshman, Master's-level Study, College Sophomore, College Junior, Other Postgraduate-level Study, Doctoral-level Study
- Biological Sciences/life Sciences, Other, Cognitive Psychology And Psycholinguistics, Dental Laboratory Technician, Dental Services, Other, Health Aide, Health And Medical Assistants, Other, Medical Anatomy, Medical Office Management, Medical Records Tech./technician, Medical Technology, Movement Therapy, Medical Journalism, Allied Health Sciences, Biological Immunology, Cardiovascular Tech./technician, Health Physics/radiologic Health, Medical Records Administration, Allied Health Professions, Behavior Health, Anatomy, Medical Biomathematics And Biometrics, Medical Pathology, Medicine (m.d.), Biomedical Health, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology Research, Dental Clinical Sciences/graduate Dentistry (m.s., Ph.d.), Dental Hygiene, Developmental And Child Psychology, Health And Medical Diagnostic And Treatment Services, Other, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Medical Nutrition, Nursing, Medical Practice Management, Health Sciences, Nurse Practitioner, Allied Health, Generic, Natural/health Sciences, Biological Tech./technician, Communication Disorders Sciences And Services, Other, Medical Dietician, Medical Genetics, Medical Molecular Biology, Medical Physics/biophysics, Naturopathic Medicine, Nursing Administration (post-r.n.), Allied Health Technologies, Biological Science, Audiology/hearing Sciences, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering-related Tech./technician, Clinical And Medical Social Work, Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.), Gerontological Services, Medical Illustrating, Medical Transcription, Nurse Assistant/aide, Biochemical Engineering, Medical-related Field, Bioengineering (implants), Long-term Healthcare, Emergency Services, Basic Medical Sciences, Other, Chiropractic (d.c., D.c.m.), Emergency Medical Tech./technician, Medical Assistant, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Cell Biology, Medical Clinical Sciences (m.s., Ph.d.), Medical Immunology, Medical Microbiology, Medical Neurobiology, Medical Pharmacology And Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical Physiology, Medical Toxicology, Imaging Technology, Medical Imaging, Medical Robotics, Clinical Laboratory Technology, Health Professions/related Sciences, Biochemistry/microbiology, Developmental Disabilites, Bioengineering And Biomedical Engineering, Biological And Physical Sciences, Blood Bank Tech./technician, Cell And Molecular Biology, Other, Cell Biology, Clinical Psychology, Dental Assistant, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Exercise Sciences/physiology And Movement Studies, Genetics, Gerontology, Health And Medical Biostatistics, Clinical Laboratory Science (medical Laboratory Technologies), Health And Medical Preparatory Programs, Other, Medical Laboratory Technician, Medical Radiologic Tech./technician, Medicinal/pharmaceutical Chemistry, Health Education/community Health, Family Medicine
Award: $1,000, Deadline: August 15
Applicants must be enrolled as a freshman, undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student at an accredited college or university. Students must be pursuing a major in a science related field. Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Students must submit, application, transcripts and essay.
- No Geographic Restrictions
- College Senior, Master's-level Study, Doctoral-level Study, College Freshman, College Junior, College Sophomore
- Biology, Microbiology/bacteriology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry/microbiology, Biology/chemistry, Biological Immunology, Biophysics