Scholarships in Other Postgraduate-level Study
Award: $4,000, Deadline: December 1
Selection based on academic and leadership achievement, commitment to pursue education and career opportunities in the industry, potential for creative future contribution to the industry, creative research submission, and a personal statement.
Award: $775, Deadline: February 15
Applicant must be a member of the American Historical Association. Preference will be given to doctoral students, non-tenured faculty, and unaffiliated scholars and those with specific research needs, such as the completion of a project or completion of a discrete segment thereof.
Award: $35,000, Deadline: February 1
Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and hold a master's degree prior to award. Knowledge of both official languages required. Award is to assist recent M.A. graduates in obtaining work experience in security and defense studies by working for a year in this field in the non-governmental or private sectors. Internship must be related to current and future Canadian national security and defense issues, including their political, international, historical, social, military, industrial, and economic dimensions.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: April 15
Applicant must be a regular or associate member of AAB in good standing or the child or spouse of an AAB member.
Award: $33,000, Deadline: April 28
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and enrolled full-time in an accredited program. Recipient will be placed in the Majority Counsel/Program Services Office.
Award: -, Deadline: May 1 (fall); October 1 (spring); February 1 (summer)
Applicants with a Ph.D. or completion of all but their dissertation are preferred; applicants with demonstrably strong writing skills will be considered. Cover letter, 500-word outline of proposed course of research, resume, copy of recent publication or unpublished manuscript, and names of two academic references are required to be submitted.
Award: -, Deadline: March 15
Applicant must be a member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), plan to prepare for the ordained ministry, have a minimum "C+" grade average, and be Asian-American. Applicant must submit transcripts and references.
Award: $13,000, Deadline: December 31
Recipient must give one faculty seminar on subject of research, be available for consultation with postgraduates in related disciplines, submit a written report to the IACI Board of Directors and to Eire-Ireland at completion of the project, and deliver a lecture upon return to the U.S.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: March 30
Applicant must be a member or have immediate family that is a member of the AGA.
Award: $4,000, Deadline: Varies
Applicant must be studying Sikhism or be involved in the Sikh religion who will attend an accredited college or university in the United States.
Award: $50,400, Deadline: November 1
Applicant must be a United States citizen or three-year resident affiliated with the U.S. who has completed formal training in their field of study (in the areas of humanities or interdisciplinary aspects of cultural history).
Award: $1,500, Deadline: January 15
Applicant must be a AOSA member who has been a member for the previous fiscal year, a U.S. citizen or have resided in the U.S. for the past five years, and have financial need.
Award: $2,000, Deadline: May 15
Applicant must have been a resident of either Fresno or Madera counties, Calif. for at least one year and be approved for matriculation in a medical school. Award will be sent to the school of matriculation to be administered toward tuition, lab fees, books, and any other valid educational expenses.
Award: $500, Deadline: May 15
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Arizona for at least one year, and attending an accredited school in Arizona. Preference is given to an immediate family member of a veteran. Photograph, personal statement, three letters of reference, and transcripts of nursing grades are required to be submitted. Selection is based upon character, scholarship, financial need, and initiative.
Award: $5,000, Deadline: February 10
Applicant must be a woman in the early stages of her career. Preference will be given to applicants who have held a doctorate in astronomy or a related field for at least one year.
Award: $2,000, Deadline: March 1
Applicant must submit curriculum vitae, a two- to four-page description of proposed research, and one letter of recommendation. Award is to be used for research in residence. Applicant must be a non-U.S. citizen residing outside the U.S.
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua And Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Cote D'ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic People's Republic Of Korea, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic Of Korea, Republic Of Macedonia, Republic Of The Congo, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts And Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome And Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Bahamas, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad And Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Doctoral-level Study, Other Postgraduate-level Study
- American (united States) History
Award: $1,500, Deadline: April 15
Applicant must be a member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity.
Award: $1,500, Deadline: March 31
Applicant must be an African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, or Latino/Hispanic, enrolled in an approved program at a California institution. Undergraduate applicant must have 50 semester units completed and a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA. Graduate applicant must have 12-15 units completed and a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA. Four copies of a personal statement, two recommendations, a 500- to 1,000-word essay, official transcripts, photo, and application are required to be submitted.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: April 15
Applicant must be a minority and a U.S. citizen with a minimum 2.5 GPA. Transcripts, essay, and two letters of recommendation required.
Award: $1,500, Deadline: March 15
Applicant must be a Beta Phi Mu member.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: None
Applicant must be the child of a New Hampshire resident who died as a result of service in WWI, WWII, or the Korean or Southeast Asian conflicts. Applicant must be under 26 years of age.
Award: $2,000, Deadline: May 31
Applicant must be a resident of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont, with a minimum 2.25 GPA (3.0 for graduate students), who is enrolled full-time in an accredited program at a two or four-year institution. Must complete application online.
Award: $1,500, Deadline: November 15
Applicant must be an ASPRS member. Award is designed to provide travel funds for research-related projects.
Award: $20,000, Deadline: April 1
Applicant must possess a doctorate degree in history or in a closely related field, or be enrolled as a student (having completed all coursework) in a doctoral degree-granting program.The fellowship term is for a period of at least six months, but not more than nine months, and should commence no later than November 15. Recipient will be expected to devote the term entirely to the proposed research project.
Award: $400, Deadline: May 15
Applicant must be enrolled in a health care occupations program, be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Arizona for at least one year, and attending an accredited Arizona school. Preference is given to an immediate family member of a veteran. Photograph, statement giving reasons for choosing a career in health care, three letters of reference, and transcripts are required to be submitted. Selection is based upon character, scholarship, financial need, and initiative.
Award: $600, Deadline: January 29
Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, demonstrate financial need, be the child of an agriculture worker, and a resident of Ventura County, CA.
Award: $2,067, Deadline: January 15
Applicant must be an AOSA member who has been a member for the previous year, and must be a U.S. citizen or have resided in the U.S. for the past five years. Applicant must be actively involved in teaching elementary general music programs for low-income and racially diverse populations. Financial need is considered.
Award: $20,000, Deadline: August 1
Award repays student loans.
- Doctoral-level Study, Master's-level Study, Other Postgraduate-level Study
- Medicine (m.d.), Nursing, Pediatric (post-r.n.), Dentistry (d.d.s., D.m.d.), Nursing Midwifery (post-r.n.), Nursing, Family Practice (post-r.n.), Dental Hygiene, Social Psychology, Medical Clinical Sciences (m.s., Ph.d.), Nursing
Award: $2,500, Deadline: February 15
Applicant be majoring in civil engineering or welding with a minimum 3.0 GPA. A valid United States passport is required.
Award: $1,000, Deadline: May 31
Applicant must be a resident of Maryland, Virginia, or West Virginia who is a full-time student with a minimum 2.7 GPA. Applicant must follow horticulture or landscape as a field of study and be able to demonstrate interest in working in the green industry. Application must be completed online.
- Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia
- Master's-level Study, College Senior, Doctoral-level Study, College Junior, Other Postgraduate-level Study, College Sophomore
- Horticulture Services Operations And Management, General, Landscaping Operations And Management, Horticulture Services Operations And Management, Other, Horticulture Science, Landscape Architecture