Marketing Students: Find Business School Scholarships
Students pursuing their degrees in business and marketing face an ever changing marketplace. The rules have changed in both the business-to-business, and the business-to-commerce sectors. Traditional business models are giving way to newer online marketing strategies, and the emphasis is now on social media, interactive media and cultural marketing. With new business models comes the need for new marketing skills, and that drives the development of greater scholarship opportunities for business majors looking to supplement their college fund.
Scholarships for business and marketing students can be found from a variety of sources. Private industry and professional associations regularly offer scholarships as a way of developing new talent and encouraging innovation in the marketplace. Colleges and universities also provide a large number of lucrative scholarships for students pursuing a career in business marketing.
Scholarships for Business Marketing Students from Private Sources
Corporations, industry and professional associations provide a large portion of the annual scholarship opportunities for business marketing students. Always hungry for new talent and innovative ideas, the private sector offers students valuable scholarship awards in the hope of expanding and developing their potential workforce. These scholarship programs can be a boon for business marketing students looking to pay for their college education.
Some examples of the types of scholarship programs you will find being offered by the private sector include:
- The Direct Marketing Educational Foundation offers regular scholarship opportunities for students pursuing a career indirect or interactive marketing. Scholarship awards are decided on merit, and students must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA to be considered. Award amounts range from $1000 to $3000.
- The American Marketing Association Foundation sponsors the Valuing Diversity PhD Scholarship ( ). This program provides scholarships for minority students pursuing a degree in business marketing at the doctoral level. Eligible candidates must be African-American, Hispanic-American or Native American. Several $1000 scholarships are awarded annually.
- The National Dairy Shrine sponsors a variety of scholarship opportunities including the Kildee Undergraduate Scholarship, the Dairy Management Incorporated Scholarship and the Klussendorf/McKown Scholarship. More than 25 scholarships are awarded annually, with amounts varying from $1000 to $3000 .
College and University Schools of Business Sources
Colleges and universities are an abundant source for scholarships in all fields, including marketing. The larger Schools of Business across the country provide an ample assortment of scholarships for business marketing students at both the undergraduate and graduate level. These scholarships can provide much needed supplemental funds to help pay for your college education. Programs are highly competitive, and interested students should consult their college's financial aid department early for information on the application process.
Some examples of the types of scholarships available from business schools across the country will give you a better idea of what may be available to you.
- Williams College of Business Administration at Youngstown University offers a number of scholarships for marketing majors including the SCORE Scholarship, the Robert P. Mayberry Sr. Scholarship and the Mark and Sue Strickland Scholarship. Awards range from $500 to $1000.
- Illinois State University's College of Business offers eight different scholarships for attending marketing majors. Programs include the Outstanding Junior in Marketing Foundation Award, the E. V. Jones Service Scholar Award and the Outstanding Senior in Marketing Award. Awards range from $200 to $1000.
- Baylor University's Hankamer School of Business offers annual scholarship awards to students in a variety of marketing specialties. Scholarships are available in sports marketing, entertainment marketing and general sales marketing. Annual awards range from $500 to $3000 depending on the program.
These few examples should serve to illustrate the abundance, and variety, of scholarship opportunities for the college-bound marketing major. Consult your college financial aid adviser, and your department head for information on programs that may be open to you.