To help students complete their education, many large companies and business organizations offer scholarship programs, through which students can fund for their studies.
Below is the list of some of the popular scholarship programs offered by the fortune 500 companies for the students to pursue:
Pepsi Cola international runs many scholarships nationwide. Some of their popular scholarships include:
Missouri State University Pepsi-Cola Public Affairs Scholarship
- Program Overview: The scholarship is awarded to the undergraduate students at Missouri State University for their commitment towards the university’s public affairs.
- Eligibility criteria:
Scholarship Award: An amount of $1,250 each will be awarded to the selected five undergraduate students of the university.
Required Documents: The following documents need to be submitted:
- Applicants must be full-time students enrolled at the university in 12 hours of course work program each semester.
- Applicants must complete at least 45 semester hours of schooling at Missouri University and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.25 or above.
- Applicants must demonstrate their commitment towards their involvement in public service activities and leadership skills.
Contact Information: For more details, contact Nugent at (417) 836-6602. For more information about the scholarship, visit the link http://www.missouristate.edu/financialaid/
- Online application form
- A one page essay on the topic ‘Role and importance of public affairs in the applicant’s life now and in the future’.
- One recommendation letter.
Mid-Del Technology Pepsi Scholarship
- Program Overview: The scholarship is awarded to the students of Mid-Del Technology Center. The applicants will be selected based on the need of their financial assistance, grades and their ability at the Technology Center.
- Scholarship Award: The amount of scholarship varies every year and it can be used for the purpose of paying the tuition of the recipient’s college or university within the Oklahoma state.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be high school students of Mid-Del Technology Center.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants, after graduation must pursue their college education in an Oklahoma university or college.
Contact Information: Click on the link http://www.middeltech.com/downloads/mdtc_scholarship.pdf, to apply for the scholarship.
- Application form
- High School transcripts
- ACT score
Diamond Scholars Program
- Program Overview: The program was designed with intent to encourage the urban youth in America’s urban cities, who are interested in pursuing their graduation.
- Scholarship Award: An award of $2,500 will be granted to the recipient. 10 awards will be granted to each of the five urban centers. The recipients can renew their awards for three more years or until they earn their bachelor’s degree. The award can be renewed based on the recipient’s academic performance.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be current high school seniors of the following urban centers:
Applicants must maintain a GPA between 2.5 and 3.5 on a scale of 4.0.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal residents by law.
The candidates must prove their need for financial assistance.
Applicants must be interested in pursuing a two- or four-year program in an accredited university or college or vocational-technical school in the United States.
Contact Information: For any questions regarding the program, contact
- Miami, FL
- Dallas, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Detroit, MI
- Hayward/San Jose, CA
PepsiCo Foundation Diamond Scholars Program
Scholarship Management Services,
One Scholarship Way, P.O. Box 297,
Saint Peter, MN 56082.
To know more details about the program, call at 507-931-0426 or 800-537-4180 ext. 426.
The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. Scholarships to Baltimore City Public School System (BCPSS)
- Program Overview: The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. sponsors ten scholarships to Baltimore City high school seniors. Every year the company rewards $100,000 in scholarships to eligible students.
- Scholarship Award: An amount of $10,000 each will be awarded to ten deserving Baltimore City high school seniors to cover the expenses when they are enrolled for their matriculation at any Maryland college. The scholarship will be given to the recipients in increments of $2,500 and can be renewed annually depending upon the recipients academic performance.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors who are enrolled in Maryland University, four-year institution, community college or technical school.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum high school GPA of 2.5.
- Applicants must actively participate in community services and must demonstrate good communication skills.
Contact Information: To know more details about the scholarships, contact Baltimore City Public School System’s Office.
- High school official transcripts
- Two recommendation letters
- ACT or SAT scores
- Proof of college acceptance letter
- Written essay
Pepsi Service Scholarship at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Program Overview: The scholarship is rewarded to the freshmen from Nebraska, who has good leadership skills and exhibit community service activities while in high school.
- Scholarship Award: An amount of $1,000 is awarded for one time to the eligible freshmen.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be residents of Nebraska.
- Applicants must demonstrate outstanding community service activities, good leadership skills and must be actively involved in extracurricular activities, while the applicant is in high school.
- Required documents:
Contact Information: To apply for the scholarship, click on the link http://admissions.unl.edu/become/apply/freshman.aspx. For more information about the program, visit the page http://www.unl.edu/scholfa/student_leadership.shtml.
- Admissions Application form
- SAT or ACT scores
- A personal statement
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN (KFC) Scholarships
KFC offers a range of responsible programs to support education which include:
KFC Colonel's Scholars Program
- Program Overview: Kentucky Fried Chicken Foundation offers a college scholarship program giving an opportunity for graduating high school seniors who are interested in pursuing their college education.
- Scholarship Award: An amount of $5,000 per year is awarded to the selected recipient. The scholarship offers funding for tuition, room and board, fees and books. The recipient is eligible to receive $20,000 to complete his/her bachelor's degree program.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be a US citizen or a permanent resident by law.
- Graduating high school seniors with a GPA of 2.75 are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be interested in pursuing their bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution in the state in which the applicant resides.
- Applicants must demonstrate their financial need.
Contact Information: Click on the link http://www.kfcscholars.org/, to apply for the scholarship. To support the program, the foundation has an on-site staff. To reach their staff, email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the first day of December, the application form will be available online.
- In the middle of February month, the application process closes and the semifinalists will be selected among the submitted applications.
- In the month of March, the semifinalists will be asked to provide further documentation.
- An independent selection committee selects the KFC Colonel's Scholars and the selected scholars will be notified in the month of May.
Microsoft offers various technical scholarships such as Minority Scholarships, General Scholarships, Scholarships for Students with Disabilities and Women’s Scholarships to undergraduate students who have a passion for technology and want to make a difference in the field of software industry.
- Scholarship Overview: A majority of Microsoft student scholarships are awarded to the disabled, minorities and women. The candidates are selected by the company based upon their eligibility, financial need, passion for technology in the software industry, quality of the application and their commitment towards leadership.
- Eligibility Requirements:
Scholarship Award: For an academic year, the recipient receives either a full or partial scholarship. The scholarship funds can be used to cover the tuition but not for other costs such as room and board, books and other expenses. The payments will be made to the designated school by Microsoft which cannot be transferred to other institutions.
Required Documents: The following documents need to be included along with the application form:
- The applicants must be enrolled in an accredited 4-year university or college located in United States, Mexico or Canada, in a Bachelor’s degree program for full-time.
- The applicants must demonstrate outstanding performance in their undergraduate degree which can be in the fields of computer engineering, computer science or in any technical discipline like electrical engineering, physics or math with an interest in the field of computer science.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 or 4.0 on a scale of 5.0.
- Minority applicants in the software field must belong to Native American, African-American or Hispanic underrepresented groups.
- The candidates must apply for a summer internship and if the applicant is offered an internship, he/she has to complete the salaried internship at Microsoft Corporation in Redmond, Washington for 12 weeks or more.
- Applicant’s resume which must include the applicant’s e-mail address, phone number and permanent address, school phone number and address, academic major description, student ID number and the expected graduation date.
- A total one page essay to answer the following questions:
A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s academic adviser or faculty member.
A total one page application describing:
- How the applicant can demonstrate his/her passion for technology
- Description of the toughest technical problem the applicant worked on, how the problem was addressed, what was the final outcome of the problem and how the applicant worked to reach the outcome.
- Description of a situation wherein the applicant takes initiative and goes above and beyond to resolve the situation.
- How the applicant is funding for his/her current college education.
A copy of the Microsoft Summer Internship Confirmation page, which can be taken while applying online. Applicants already applied for the internship, must specify it below the essay answers.
Contact Information: For any questions, e-mail at email@example.com. To download the application form, click on the link http://careers.microsoft.com/careers/en/us/internships-scholarships.aspx#urscholarship-2
- Applicant’s estimated tuition cost (which does not include books or room and board) for the academic year.
- Is the applicant’s tuition cost in state, international, out of state or private?
- Being a recipient of Microsoft scholarship, will he/she will have an impact on other financial aid for the academic year.
The Coca−Cola Scholars Foundation, on behalf of the Coca−Cola System provides annual scholarships every year which include:
Coca−Cola Scholars Program
- Program Overview:
- The program selects 250 high school senior students across the United States, for achievement-based scholarships, who meets the eligibility criteria.
- The Program Committee selects 2,200 applicants as Semifinalists, who are notified by email and mail. The Semifinalists must complete a secondary application which includes submission of essays, two recommendation letters and official transcripts.
- Among the Semifinalist applicants, 250 Finalists will be selected and will be invited to Atlanta for their personal interviews with the National Selection Committee, comprising of the best leaders in education, government, business and the arts.
- Scholarship Award: An award of $20,000 for college will be granted to the selected 50 students who are designated as National Scholars and 200 students will be awarded with an amount of $10,000 for college, who are designated as designated as Regional Scholars.
- Eligibility Requirements:
Contact Information: To know further details about applying for this scholarship, click on the link https://www.coca-colascholars.org/page.aspx?pid=388.
- Current home-schooled or high school seniors attending school in USA or selected DoD schools are eligible to apply.
- The applicants must have a plan of pursuing degree at any accredited post-secondary institutions of United States.
- The applicants can be U.S. Nationals, Humanitarian Parolees, U.S. Citizens, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, U.S. Permanent and Temporary Residents by law, Asylees, or Cuban-Haitian Entrants.
- By the end of their junior year, the applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- Grandchildren or children of owners, employees or officers of The Coca−Cola Company, Coca−Cola bottling companies, Company subsidiaries or divisions are not eligible to apply.
Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team Scholarship
- Program Overview: The scholarship was established by the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation, with intent to recognize the New Century Scholars.
- Scholarship Award:
Contact Information: The online application form can be downloaded by clicking on the link http://www.ptk.org/become-a-member/scholarships/coca-cola-academic-team, for the Phi Theta Kappa Society members, which has to be submitted to All-USA Community College Academic Team/Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team.
- An amount of $1,500each will be awarded to fifty students who are recognized as Gold Scholars.
- An award of $1,250 each will be granted to another fifty students who are recognized as Silver Scholars.
- An amount of $1,000 each will be awarded to another fifty students who are recognized as Bronze Scholars. Special medallions will be given to all scholars.
- A stipend of $2,000 will be awarded to the outstanding top scoring student in each of the fifty states, who will be designated as a New Century Scholar. In addition, one scholar is selected from the colleges located in Canada and Alberta and another scholar from the colleges located in U.S. territories and six sovereign nations, where the Phi Theta Kappa Society chapters exist.
Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholarship
- Program Overview: The purpose of the program is to provide financial resources to the new members of Phi Theta Kappa Society, who are enrolled in a two-year college and participate in the Society programs, in order to develop their leadership qualities.
- Scholarship Award: Every year an amount of $180,000 will be awarded to the Society members. An amount of 1,000 each will be awarded to 180 selected members.
- Eligibility Requirements:
Contact Information: For more information about the scholarship, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 601.987.5741.
- The applicants must be member of Phi Theta Kappa Society and must be enrolled in a two-year college program in a community college for part-time or full-time.
- The candidates must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 during their college-level coursework.
- An applicant holding a bachelor’s or associate degree or holding a four-year college degree cannot apply.
- The applicant must have a temporary or permanent residency of the country where he/she is attending the community college or an appropriate visa considered by the college.
- The applicant’s record must be free from any disciplinary action, criminal conduct, probation or suspension.
Apple is much known for providing education discounts for K-12 institutions, universities, colleges as well as for students. Some of their popular scholarships include:
Apple Scholars Program
- Program Overview: The program was established with an intent to encourage eligible high school seniors who has the ability to use the technology effectively in their schoolwork.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship recipients will be rewarded with a MacBook, an ipod and an amount of $2,000 scholarship paid directly to the recipient’s college or university.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors who are planning to get enrolled in a two or four-year accredited university or college in the fall.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate how they can solve problems intuitively and creatively with the use of technology.
Contact Information: For more information about the program, click on the link http://www.afcufoundation.org/scholars.aspx. For further questions, email at email@example.com
- Online application form.
- Applicants must answer two essay questions. One question regarding the applicant as an individual and the other one about how the applicant can solve problems using the technology creatively.
- Once 30 finalists are selected, they have to submit their official transcripts and an original multimedia piece which answers to the question “If you had an audience of millions, what would you say?”. The multimedia piece can be a podcast or audio, animation or video or photo compilation, which cannot be longer than 30 seconds.
- After reviewing and scoring the multimedia pieces submitted by the 30 applicants, the panel of judges selects the best ten pieces with the highest core and declares them as winners of the scholarship.
Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) Student Scholarship
- Program Overview: The scholarship rewards student developers who have an outstanding ability to develop some cool applications.
- Scholarship Award: 150 prizes will be rewarded to 150 recipients and each recipient will be receiving WWDC Student E-ticket to attend Apple Worldwide Developers Conference held in San Francisco, California.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be a paid member of the Mac Developer Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program or iOS Developer Program or student team member of iOS Developer University Program.
- Applicants can also be a minor whose parent is a member of Mac Developer Program or enrolled as paid iOS Developer Program, sharing a Registered Apple Developer account
- Applicants must be at least 13 years of age enrolled in a course of study for part-time or full-time.
- Apple Inc. employees, their subsidiaries, promotion and advertising agencies, affiliates, immediate family members and/or members living in the same household cannot apply fot the scholarship.
Contact Information: To know more details about the program, click on the link https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/scholarships/
- WWDC Student Scholarship application form.
- Proof of school enrollment.
Apple Distinguished Educators (ADE) Program
- Program Overview: The program was established with intent to recognize higher education and K-12 pioneers who are capable of using a variety of Apple products in order to change the structure of learning and teaching in more powerful ways. ADEs work with Apple closely to create innovative ideas by integrating technology in the field of education.
- Contact Information:
McDonald’s philanthropic arm is the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC), which provides regional scholarships for socially and economically challenged students.
Some of the McDonald’s franchise owners sponsor scholarships in their communities. So contact local McDonald's to know what programs they offer.
McDonald's USA National Employee Scholarship Program
- Program Overview: The program was established to reward one McDonald's student-employee from each state of United States and the District of Columbia, who demonstrate outstanding performance in their studies, deliver the best service to the McDonald’s customers and sincerely serve their communities. The reward is awarded every year and in addition to it, three student-employees will be selected and designated as "McScholar of the Year" based on their commitment towards school, community service and work.
- Scholarship Award: A $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to the student-employee recipient and a $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to the "McScholar of the Year" recipients.
- Contact Information: For more information about the program, click on the link http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/careers/training_education.html
RMHC U.S. Scholarships
RHMC offers scholarships for students who demonstrate outstanding performance in their studies, leadership and community service. To be eligible for the scholarships the students must reside in those areas where there are local RMHC Chapters.
To know the list of scholarships offered by the participating RMHC Chapters in the respective counties, click on the link http://rmhc.org/assets/RMHC-Scholarship-PDFs/RMHCUSParticipatingChapters.pdf.
Graduating high school seniors are eligible to apply for any one of the following four scholarships.
- RMHC /Scholars: All students are eligible to apply for the scholarship irrespective of religion, national origin, race, disability, color, gender, creed or sexual orientation.
- RMHC/Asia: To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must have at least one parent belonging to the Asian-Pacific heritage.
- RMHC/African-American Future Achievers: For this scholarship, at least one parent of the applicant must belong to Black Caribbean or African American heritage.
- RMHC/HACER: To apply for this scholarship, at least one parent of the applicant must belong to Hispanic/Latino heritage.
- Eligibility Requirements: The general requirements to apply for the RMHC scholarships are outlined below.
- High school seniors, younger than 21 years of age who are legal residents of U.S. are eligible to apply
- The applicants must be eligible to enroll in an accredited two- or four-year university, college or technical school
- Complete application form and the required documentation must be submitted by the deadline.
- Proof of enrollment at post-secondary institution must be submitted every year by the recipients.
Contact Information: For more details about the scholarships offered by RMHC, visit the page http://rmhc.org/what-we-do/rmhc-u-s-scholarships/
- The students can apply online in the month of November. Click on the link https://aim.applyists.net/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2frmhc to apply online.
- Scholarship status will be notified to the recipients in the month of May to June.
Ford supports a number of college scholarship programs across North America, Europe and Asia which include:
Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)/ Ford Motor Company Scholarship Program
- Program Overview: The scholarship was designed with intent to assist graduating high school seniors belonging to Hispanic heritage nationwide who are interested in obtaining their bachelor's degree.
- Scholarship Award: An amount of $2,500 will be awarded to the selected recipient.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Graduating high school seniors of Hispanic community are eligible to apply.
- Applicants can be U.S. citizen or permanent residents by law.
- The applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- The applicants must have a plan to get enrolled in a degree program for full time in an U.S. accredited four-year institutions located at U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Guam during the academic year in which they graduate.
- Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form in order to apply for federal financial aid.
- Students who actively participated in the Ford PAS program will be preferred.
Ford Motor Company Tribal Scholars Program
The company sponsors two programs namely Tribal College and Universities Program and Mainstream Institution Program to encourage American Indian or Alaskan Native students who are attending tribal colleges or universities and mainstream institutions.
- Tribal College Program Overview: The program awards scholarships to eligible American Indian or Alaskan Native students who are attending tribal colleges or universities for studying environmental science, math, engineering, science, teacher training or business.
- Mainstream Institution Program Overview: Scholarships are awarded to eligible Alaskan Native or American Indian students who are attending mainstream institutions for studying marketing and/or operations management, accounting, engineering, business, computer science or finance.
- Eligibility Requirements for the Programs:
- Applicants must be Alaskan Native or American Indian students maintaining a minimum GPA of a 3.0.
- Applicants must demonstrate their financial need and showcase outstanding academic performance.
- Applicants attending tribal colleges or universities must pursue a degree in business, math, environmental science, science, teacher training or engineering for full time.
- Applicants attending mainstream universities are eligible if they are enrolled for full time for studying computer science, finance, accounting, engineering, operations management and/or marketing.
- Proof of enrollment must be submitted by the applicants.
- Contact Information: For more information about the programs, visit www.collegefund.org
“Emerging Voices” Scholarship program
- Program Overview: Alliance for Women in Media Foundation (AWMF) in partnership with Ford Motor Company Fund designed this program to award scholarships to two outstanding female graduate or undergraduate students.
- Scholarship Award: Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to two female student winners, which are paid directly to each winner’s educational institution. The scholarship recipients must attend AWMF’s Gracie Awards Luncheon, where the scholarships will be presented to the recipients. The recipients will be working with AVM by providing journalistic content on assigned topics for AWM’s website.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Female graduate or undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited university or college for full time are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must submit two writing samples of 300‐500 words each on the following topics:
Letter of recommendation from a communications/journalism/media professional a professor.
- First writing sample must be on a subject of applicant’s choice. The sample must showcase the applicant’s writing style and her ability to impress or engage the blog or website audiences. The writing sample can be applicant’s previously created sample for a publication or a blog.
- Second writing sample must be on any one of the topics: Applicant’s current media obsession OR If the applicant’s life is a TV show, describe the show details like the type of show, genre, casting, time period etc.
Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) Scholarship Program
- Program Overview: The program was designed to provide financial assistance to eligible Latino college students in the United States, who have excellent leadership skills, serve their communities and have an interest in continuing their civic engagement.
- Scholarship Award: The recipients are provided with a onetime scholarship of:
- A $1,000 scholarship for the recipient enrolled in an AA/AS granting institution or a community college
- $2,500 scholarship for the eligible students enrolled in a 4-year academic institution
- $5,000 scholarship for the eligible students enrolled in a graduate-level institution.
The scholarship award covers the tuition, books, room and board and other expenses which are related with college enrollment. To encourage the recipients to complete their postsecondary program, the award is equally distributed over the number of years which are required for the graduation.
- Latino students enrolled in an U.S. accredited four-year University, community college or professional/graduate program for full time are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must have good writing skills, actively participate in public and/or community activities and serve their communities.
- Contact Information: For more information about the program, click on the link http://www.chci.org/scholarships/. To apply online for the scholarship, click on the link http://apply.chci.org/applications/login.asp.
Ford Fund / Detroit Free Press Journalism Scholarship
- Program Overview: Ford Motor Company in partnership with the Detroit Free Press sponsors the Journalism Scholarship to one Detroit high school senior who is interested in pursuing a degree in journalism.
- Scholarship Award: The value of the scholarship is $24,000.
- Eligibility Requirements: Detroit Public Schools seniors who are interested in pursuing their majors in journalism are eligible to apply.
- Required Documents:
Contact Information: For more information, click on the link https://www.fordscholars.org/content/ford-fund-detroit-free-press-journalism-scholarship.
- Recommendation letter form a school teacher
- High school transcripts
- SAT or ACT scores
- 3-5 samples of work
- An essay of 300-500 words explaining why the applicant wants to pursue a degree in journalism and what the applicant hope to contribute.
Target supports a number of programs across a range of different domains which include arts, volunteerism, education and social services.
Target stores give 5% of their income to serve the communities which include providing grants to K-12 schools for educational field trips, early childhood reading programs and supports schools and other nonprofit organizations which prefer to bring arts and culture more into their curriculum.
Target sponsors reduced or free admission for events taking place at arts institutions and museums nationwide. Here is the list of some of the grants that they contribute nationwide:
Field Trip Grants Program
- Program Overview: Each Target store awards three Field Trip Grants to K—12 schools. Approximately 5,000 educational schools or organizations are awarded to take the students to enriching and exciting field trips.
- Scholarship Award: Each grant is worth of $700.
- Contact Information: Schools which are interested in applying for the program for their students, click on http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-031880
Early Childhood Reading Grants Program
- Program Overview: The program was designed to encourage children to read early in their childhood. The grants are awarded to schools, nonprofit organizations and libraries which support programs like weekend book clubs, after-school reading events etc.
- Scholarship Award: An amount of $2,000 will be granted as a part of the program.
- Contact Information: To apply for Early Childhood Reading Grants, click on the link http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-031821. Every year target accepts application forms between March 1 and April 30.
Arts Grants Program
- Program Overview: As art, visual arts, dance, music and drama are all part of good education deserved by the kids, Target stores provide grants to those schools which try to inculcate more arts and culture in their curriculum.
- Scholarship Award: The grants are worth of $2,000.
- Contact Information: Every year the applications are accepted between March 1 and April 30 and the recipients are notified in the month of September. Click on the link http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-031819, to apply for the grant.
General Eligibility Criteria for Target Grants:
- Organizations which are federally tax-exempt, section 501(c)(3) school, charitable organization, public agency or library are eligible to apply for the donations.
- The foundation funds are not allowed for the following:
- Religious groups
- Therapeutic, health or recreation programs
- Fundraising dinners
- National ceremonies
- Athletic events
- Research or advocacy groups
- Programs which are conducted outside Target communities
- Organizations which are located outside the seven-county metropolitan area of Minneapolis-St. Paul
- The applications for Early Childhood Reading and Arts and Culture in Schools grants are accepted from March 1 through April 30.
- For Field Trip Grants, the applications are accepted from August 1 through September 30.
- Submit online grant application form.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent once the application form has been submitted.
- Applicants must add and Application.Notification@target.com and Community.Relations@target.com to their e-mail address book.
- Click on the link https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_491/?SA=AM for Account Login page.
- For more questions regarding the grants, email at Community.Relations@target.com
Target’s Support for Military and Veterans
Target sponsored funds and volunteered for hours at local and national military and veteran organizations. Some of the programs that they sponsor are as follows:
- Our Military Kids: Target partnered with Our Military Kids to provide grants to the children of National Guard, Wounded Warriors and deployed Reserve personnel to pay the expenses for their participation in camps, sports, tutoring and fine arts programs. Target is one of their Silver Star Supporter.
- The American Legion: Target in partnership with the American Legion, provided supplies and donations to the members of Camp Keating who were attacked by Taliban-allied militants in Afghanistan.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) - Voice of Democracy: Local VFWs judge a scholarship competition in which students, based on a patriotic theme, record a broadcast script. Target is a national sponsor for this competition which sponsors a trip to Washington, D.C.
- Operation Gratitude: Operation Gratitude sends care packages to individual U.S. Service members who are working overseas, to their children who are left behind and Wounded Warriors. Target is one of their sponsors and on Operation Gratitude’s annual Holiday Drive; Target volunteers participate in the event by assembling care packages.
Google offers a number of scholarships across U.S., Canada, Latin America, Australia, Europe Middle East and Africa, India, China and Japan to encourage students’ education in technical and computer science field, with much preference given to those who are underrepresented. Here is the list of some of the scholarships offered by Google in US and Canada:
AISES Google Scholarship
- Program Overview: Google in partnership with the American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) offers the scholarship to encourage the eligible students belonging to Alaska Native, First Nations from Canada , American Indian and Native Hawaiian heritage, having a membership of AISES and are interested in pursuing their degree in computer engineering or computer science related fields.
- Scholarship Award: An amount of $10,000 USD will be awarded to the selected candidates studying in the US and for those studying in Canada, $5,000 CAD will be awarded. The scholarship recipients will be invited to attend Google Scholars' Retreat with paid expenses.
- Contact Information: For downloading the application form and to know more details about the program, click on the link http://aises.org/what/programs/scholarships/info/googlescholars. For more information regarding the scholarship, call Liz Encinias at 505-765-1052 x107.
Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
- Program Overview: Google proudly honors Dr. Anita Borg memory with the scholarship, who supported women in technology as she firmly believed that the technology has the ability to affect all aspects of life which include personal, social, economic and political. The scholarships are offered in United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East, Asia, Europe and Africa.
- Eligibility Requirements: The following is the list of region-specific pages to know the regional eligibility criteria:
- Applicants residing in Unite States, click on the link http://www.google.com/anitaborg/us/ to know more details about the scholarship.
- Click on http://www.google.com/anitaborg/emea/ to know about the scholarship for students residing in Europe, the Middle East or Africa
- Students residing in Asia, visit http://www.google.com/anitaborg/apac/ to know the details about the scholarship.
- Australia and New Zealand students can apply for the program by clicking on the link http://www.google.com.au/intl/en/anitaborg/
- Students residing in Canada, visit the page http://www.google.ca/intl/en/anitaborg/ to know more details about the program.
Generation Google Scholarship
- Program Overview: The scholarship was designed to encourage the students to excel, become leaders and active role models in the field of computer science and technology.
- Eligibility Requirements: High school seniors and students from an underrepresented group enrolled or accepted for full time at a university in the US or Canada in a baccalaureate Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or any other related program are more encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship Award: For up to four years, every year, the scholarship recipients studying in the US will be awarded with 10,000 USD or 5,000 CAD for studying in Canada. The recipients must maintain the renewal criteria in order to be eligible for the scholarship to get renewed. The recipients will be invited to attend Google’s Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI) session with paid expenses.
- Contact Information: To know the application process, eligibility and renewal criteria, visit the page http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/students/proscho/scholarships/uscanada/generation/. For any questions, email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Hispanic College Fund Scholarships
- Program Overview: The scholarship was designed to encourage students of Hispanic background, who are pursuing computer science or computer engineering, Master's or PhD at an accredited university or college in the U.S. or Puerto Rico, with excellent academic performance and financial need.
- Scholarship Award: An amount of $10,000 will be funded to the recipients and are invited to attend the Annual Google Scholars’ Retreat
- Contact Information: To know more details about the scholarship, click on the link http://hispanicfund.org/programs/college/scholarships/google-scholarship-program.
Google Lime Scholarship
- Program Overview: The scholarship offers funds to eligible students with disabilities who are pursuing a Computer Engineering or Computer Science degree or a degree related to the technical field at an university or college in the United States or Canada, with outstanding academic performance.
- Scholarship Award: recipients studying in the US will be awarded with an amount of $10,000USD and $5,000CAD for those recipients studying in Canada.
- Contact Information: To know the eligibility requirements and application process, visit the page http://limeconnect.com/opportunities/page/google-lime-scholarship-program
Google-SVA Scholarship Program
- Program Overview: In partnership with Student Veterans of America, Google offers the scholarship rewards eligible student veterans who are pursuing a degree in the field of Computer Science with excellent academic performance.
- Scholarship Award: The recipients will be rewarded with academic scholarship and will be invited to attend the Annual Google Scholars’ Retreat.
- Contact Information: To know more information about the program, click on the link http://www.studentveterans.org/?page=Programs.
Google United Negro College Fund (UNCF) Scholarship
- Program Overview: The scholarship is awarded to eligible African-American students who are pursuing graduate and undergraduate degrees in the field of computer engineering or computer science. Students who are majoring in computer engineering or computer science field with financial need will be awarded with "last dollar" scholarships through this program.
- Scholarship Award: Along with an academic scholarship, the recipients will be invited to the Annual Google Scholars’ Retreat
- Contact Information: Click on the link http://www.uncf.org/sections/ForStudents/SS_Scholarships/approachingdeadlines.asp to know more information about the program.